Over at HRTechEurope last week. Awesome event, especially the Social Enterprise sessions. I have a blog to post on that later, but I wanted to share this short one first. During one of the sessions, reference was made to a piece by Bronnie Ware, in which she talks about her life in palliative care. She summarised the five most frequent regrets reported in those last weeks of a patients’ life.
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me
- I wish I didn’t work so hard
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends
- I wish I had let myself be happier
I don’t yet know in what order I’m going to approach these… but raising my awareness of how each impact my life now can only be a good thing for me and those around me. I hope I have a good few years left on this planet and I plan on doing something with them.
The original post is here.